Monday, June 20, 2005

thumbnail

Chia Biden for President! (Pay no attention to 1988!)


Via the Washingont Post :

"Sen. Joseph R. Biden Jr. (D-Del.) said yesterday he plans to seek the Democratic presidential nomination in 2008 unless he decides later this year that he has little chance of winning.

"My intention is to seek the nomination," Biden said on CBS's "Face the Nation." "I know I'm supposed to be more coy with you. I know I'm supposed to tell you, you know, that I'm not sure. But if, in fact, I think that I have a clear shot at winning the nomination by this November or December, then I'm going to seek the nomination."

"The Delaware senator ran for president in 1988 but withdrew from the race in 1987 amid accusations that he had plagiarism from speeches by a British Labor Party leader. He openly talked about his interest in running for president in 2004 but in the end chose not to after determining that other candidates had too much of a head start in terms of organization and fundraising."

Yeah, and I'm Batman

Actually, I agree with Glenn Reynolds at Instapundit . The plagiarism charge was really very silly. That wouldn't be his problem.

But Biden has been openning his mouth up about a lot of stuff over the last few years - which give him the name of "Senator Camera". A lot of his words came come back to haunt him during the micro scrutiny that comes during an presidential race.

I would say that after all this is weighed, Senator Biden will decide it just isn't worth risking his future as a permanent host of Hardball!


 Posted by Hello

Subscribe by Email

Follow Updates Articles from This Blog via Email

No Comments

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Total Pageviews

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Pages

Pages

Pages - Menu

Macsmind - Official Blog of The MacRanger Show on Blog Talk Radio

About

Go here.