"WASHINGTON - Indictments, investigations and a congressman’s guilty plea for taking millions in bribes have left most Americans convinced that political corruption is a deeply rooted problem, according to an Associated Press-Ipsos poll.
Missteps and misconduct that have reached into all levels of government — from the White House and Congress to governors’ offices in Connecticut and Ohio — have helped drive 88 percent of those surveyed to say the problem is a serious one....."
The article then goes on to point out ONLY Republican troubles:
Names in the news
People questioned in the survey had no trouble reciting the names associated with offenses and inquiries:
- Former House Majority Leader Tom DeLay, R-Texas, faces money laundering charges.
- Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist, R-Tenn., is under a federal investigation for a well-timed stock sale.
- I. Lewis “Scooter” Libby, former chief of staff to Vice President Dick Cheney, has been indicted on five counts of perjury, obstruction of justice and lying to the FBI in the outing of a CIA officer.
DeLay, Frist and Libby have said they have done nothing wrong.
- Last month, Rep. Randy “Duke” Cunningham, R-Calif., resigned after pleading guilty to taking $2.4 million in bribes in exchange for steering government work to defense contractors. His list of excess included money for a Rolls-Royce, antique furniture and two Laser Shot shooting simulators.
- A Justice Department investigation of lobbyist Jack Abramoff threatens to ensnare at least a half dozen Republicans and Democrats and Bush administration officials.
Don't forget Pelosi's problems as well.
In fact when you take a count and comparison between Republican and Democrat corruption there is NO comparsion. In fact, the Great Democrat owns the records.
the Left democrats Politics News