Friday, October 02, 2009

thumbnail

David Letterman Celebrated for Violating CBS's Sexual Harassment Rules

I guess they only mean something for the underlings.
"A top CBS News producer was busted Thursday for trying to shake down late night TV host David Letterman - threatening to expose the funnyman's affairs with several female staffers in a movie and book. The "Late Show" host revealed the stunning plot on last night's broadcast in an extraordinary confession to viewers - and admitted he had indeed slept with several women who work at the show. "I'm glad you folks are here tonight, and I'm glad you folks are in such a pleasant mood, because I have a story I'd like to tell you and the home viewers as well," he said, appearing to set up a comedy bit. He went on to explain that a man identified by police as Robert Halderman, a 51-year-old Emmy Award-winning producer, found out that he was sleeping with several staff members. Halderman allegedly threatened to expose the 62-year-old Letterman, who married his girlfriend, Regina Lasko, of 23 years in March, unless he forked over a staggering $2 million. "This morning, I did something I've never done in my life," Letterman told viewers. "I had to go downtown and testify before a grand jury. "This whole thing has been quite scary," he said. "I had to tell them how I was disturbed by this. I was scared for my family. I felt menaced by this man." Then, Letterman added, "I had to tell them all the creepy things I had done." The audience roared with laughter. "Now why is that funny?" Letterman asked. "Now of course we get to what was it was - we get to all the creepy stuff," Letterman said, taking a more serious tone. "I have had sex with women who work for me on this show." The audience was silent. Letterman said the grand jury asked if the accusations were true. "Yes, I have," was his answer. "Would it be embarrassing if it were made public? Perhaps it would - especially for the women," he joked. "But that's a decision for them, if they want to go public and talk. "It's been a very bizarre experience," Letterman added. "I feel like I need to protect my family. I need to protect myself and I hope to protect my job."






Well that's interesting because there IS a CBS policy that prohibits workplace sex, and especially between management - which Letterman is - and employees.

 You'll remember that Letterman also used Sarah Palin's teenage daughter as the butt of a rape joke just months ago. Now we find out he's using the staff for sexual means.


 Seems to be a pattern that needs more than a monologue. So what will CBS do? I believe there is only one thing that CBS can do. Fire David Letterman. If not, they should never air another sexual harassment story ever, they've simply disqualified themselves.

Subscribe by Email

Follow Updates Articles from This Blog via Email

No Comments

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Total Pageviews

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Pages

Pages

Pages - Menu

Macsmind - Official Blog of The MacRanger Show on Blog Talk Radio

About

Go here.