Sunday, September 11, 2005

thumbnail

Never Forget to Remember



On the 4th Anniversary of September 11th, I have only to say:

"NEVER FORGET TO REMEMBER"

Four years ago I was, like a lot of people, just sitting down to my desk at work. As it’s part of my job I checked the headlines on on the internet, and saw initial reports that a plane had crashed into the World Trade Center.

My first thought like a lot of people was ‘probably’ a small aircraft.



It was about 8:55am, As we know, it wasn't a small aircraft

That day lives in my memory like so many others in my life, like the assassination of President Kennedy, Martin Luther King (on my birthday), Robert F. Kennedy and the Challenger disaster.

Yet September 11th, 2001, was more “personal” than the others, it was more close to the heart.

As the day unfolded I, - especially having been a career soldier, remember the swelling of immediate rage. I wanted to join back up – if only I could with what was left of my back – and get those bastards – whoever they were.

As the days, weeks unfolded I was never more proud to be an American as I drove to work everyday and noticed the flags on cars – the patriotism so thick, so sweet in the air.

Then as the weeks turned into months things changed. The flags came down. The psychologists told the TV networks, “Stop showing the pictures,…it will adversely affect people.” As time when on...

People forgot – to remember.

We should never forget the horror, the pictures, the pain, the suffering, the shock, the suprise, the anger and the resolve never to let it happen again.





For all the maligning of President Bush, it was he who stood on a heap of rubble four years ago and told the world that this act would not go unpunished. It didn't.

Yet many would have us "give up" our vigilance and have us "forget to remember". Damn them. Not I, not for a minute.

Please visit: here

Michelle Malkin - she has the pictures of the bodies that the MSM seems to clamour for ONLY when it suits their biased purposes. Have at it CNN.

Captain ED has some moving thoughts as well.

Also Polipundit keeping tabs on tributes today, as well as the history before during and after.

Blogs for Bush Excellent Links!

Interesting and different memorial at Mister Snitch

Moving story at the Washingon Post about some of the survivors of those lost.

Filed under

Subscribe by Email

Follow Updates Articles from This Blog via Email

No Comments

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Total Pageviews

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Pages

Pages

Pages - Menu

Macsmind - Official Blog of The MacRanger Show on Blog Talk Radio

About

Go here.