Wednesday, June 29, 2005

thumbnail

Honorable Mention

ANATOMY OF A POLITICAL FIRESTORM

As I said before, I'm new to this new medium of blogging. I like it better than the old paper-medium of yesterday, especially because of the feedback I get which is sort of like what I used to get from "Letters to the Editor":

"Hey, Mac you're a bum! You should take up knitting!"

But every once in a while I like to read about myself in the paper so long as it's not the obituary or the police blotter.

Today a friend called me to tell me, "Hey Mac! You're mentioned in the Chicago Tribune!" "Naw, really?" I said, as I searched my memory to see what I could have possibly done anywhere near Chicago.

"No, your blog was mentioned!" he continued, "I sent you the link!"

The mention he was telling me about was from the article linked above from Jill Zuckman, of the Chicago Tribune that mentioned the blogs that "fired up" Senator Dick Durbin over his "Nazi" remarks a week ago.

So what was my mention?

"Less than 24 hours after Durbin had tried to point out the errors of administration policy, the bloggers were buzzing in what some call a "blogswarm."

"Give this putz a call at his office and tell him what you think about him comparing our brave men and women in uniform to Nazi Storm Troopers," said the macsmind blog."

Michelle Malkin, a leading conservative blogger, entitled her comments "Hitler, Hitler everywhere."

Well it's an honor to be on record calling Senator Dick Durbin a "putz"! As well it is an honor to be mentioned with Michelle Malkin who unbeknownst to her, inspired me to get involved in blogging during the 2004 election.

So there you have it. I'm "almost famous"......

In fact, today I got email feedback on my mention.

"Hey Mac! You're a putz! You should take up knitting!"

Ah, fame, isn't it sweet!

Subscribe by Email

Follow Updates Articles from This Blog via Email

No Comments

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Total Pageviews

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Pages

Pages

Pages - Menu

Macsmind - Official Blog of The MacRanger Show on Blog Talk Radio

About

Go here.