Saturday, July 23, 2005

thumbnail

On Marriage

Fox News Life: ''Til Death Do Us Part' Is Dying Out"

In case i didn't mention it during all my ramblings, I've been married 23 years to my wife who I met in Korea while service in 1983.

Not much to add what Michelle Malkin, Captain Ed and the Anchoress have made all the good points.

By way of disclaimer, I am the founder of Hubbynet.com, the first and as far as I know the only Husband Help and Information specific website on the internet. So everything I have about my views on marriage are there for the perusal.

I can only add, using a familar metaphor, that marriage isn't about two people living together, as it is about the two becoming one. and what is join, let no one put asunder.

My parents - both deceased - were married nearly 60 years. At the end they were unique individuals who had become and inseparatable one, an example for me those who knew them.

"Marriage is that relation between man and woman in which the independence is equal, the dependence mutual, and the obligation reciprocal" - Louis K. Anspache

By the way, Happy Anniversary Michelle! Also per Captain Ed, visit Marriage Encounter, a non-profit organization, that offers weekend getaways that helps married couples rediscover themselves as individuals and as a couple. They also take donations to help make things happen! Invest in Marriage, it is the backbone our our great society.

Subscribe by Email

Follow Updates Articles from This Blog via Email

No Comments

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Total Pageviews

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Pages

Pages

Pages - Menu

Macsmind - Official Blog of The MacRanger Show on Blog Talk Radio

About

Go here.