Thursday, April 28, 2005

thumbnail

Presidential Grand Slam

After finishing watching the President's news conference (of which I think he smacked it right out of the park), I switched over to catch MSNBC's Chris Matthews spitting (no really spitting!) commentary....

HARDBALL FLASH: Chris Matthews (breathlessly): President Bush disagrees with Dr. James Dobson on the issue of Judicial Nominees!!!

Huh? Chris, when did the President say that? I listen to the whole conference, I didn't catch that.

Here is what the President said:

"I think people are opposing my nominees because they don't like the judicial philosophy of the people I've nominated. And some would like to see judges legislate from the bench. That's not my view of the proper role of a judge.

Speaking about judges, I certainly hope my nominees get an up-or- down vote on the floor of the Senate....

They deserve an up-or-down vote. I think, for the sake of fairness, these good people I've nominated should get a vote. And I'm hoping that will be the case as time goes on.

Role of religion in our society? I view religion as a personal matter. I think a person ought to be judged on how he or she lives his life or lives her life. And that's how I've tried to live my life: through example.

Faith plays an important part in my life individually. But I don't ascribe a person's opposing my nominations to an issue of faith.

QUESTION: Do you think that's an inappropriate statement? And what I ask is...

BUSH: No, I just don't agree with it.

QUESTION: You don't agree with it?

BUSH: No. I think people oppose my nominees because of judicial philosophy.

QUESTION: Sir, I asked you about what you think of...

BUSH: No, I know what you asked me.

QUESTION: ... the way faith is being used in our political debates, not just in society generally.

BUSH: Well, I can only speak to myself. And I am mindful that people in political office should say to somebody, You're not equally American if you don't happen to agree with my view of religion. As I said, I think faith is a personal issue. And I take great strength from my faith. But I don't condemn somebody in the political process because they may not agree with me on religion.

The great thing about America is that you should be allowed to worship any way you want. And if you chose not to worship, you're equally as patriotic as somebody who does worship. And if you choose to worship, you're equally American if you're a Christian, a Jew, a Muslim.

And that's the wonderful thing about our country and that's the way it should be."

Oh, I see, it was an inference. Like it is an inference that you and your five audience members, and joke of a show is an inference reference to REAL journalism.

Whooboy....

Chris then spouted off on possible "block-buster" headlines tomorrow like, "Means Test for Social Security! It's True!" and "Bush can't do diddly-squat about fuel prices!". Yawnnn.....

On and on it goes. The MSM will not give up the fight, nor the twists, turns, misinformation, RaThEr GaTeS. I was surprised not to hear the question, "Mr. President, can you look over your Presidency and regret any mistakes you've made." I was waiting on that one. I think Bush stumped the press. He was candid, honest and laid everything right on the table. He answered every question in detail and even embarrassed those who asked the idiotic ones. Even when one of the last questions took a cheap shot at VP Cheney.

He talked about Social Security - "Folks, it's in trouble". He's talking about the problem. Only misinformed and crooked idiots deny there is a problem. He said screw the polls, he isn't working for poll numbers. He was asked about the "poison climate" in Washington. Don't ask him dumb-ass, ask Madam please, Joe Biden and the rest of the Democrats why they just can't seem to be able to do anything but find fault with the President? Why aren't they interested in getting something done?

Unlike the group above he didn't stage an event at FDR's statue and take photos. He's placed ideas (not mandates) on the table for discussion and challenged the congress to "get working on them." That's what President does. Yet what is the Democratic response. As usual, the same "Bush lies, Bush sucks, Bush is after your benefits..."

Sorry sore losers. Sorry examples of true leadership. No wonder they can't win an election - even when they cheat.

I'm getting real tired of the Democratic Party and it's constant wining about everything Bush. Here is my challenge:

"Hey Harry Reid, Scar-Face Pelosi, Barbara Boxer....got any ideas of your own. Even one? Something? Anything?"

.....Naw didn't think so.

Subscribe by Email

Follow Updates Articles from This Blog via Email

No Comments

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Total Pageviews

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Pages

Pages

Pages - Menu

Macsmind - Official Blog of The MacRanger Show on Blog Talk Radio

About

Go here.