Saturday, April 16, 2005

thumbnail

"Do you want us to shoot her?"

By now everyone has heard of the 911 Dispatcher from Texas Mike Forbess who received a call from a Mother who couldn't control her teenager. Mike was on "Fox and Friends" this morning and offered this statement:

"I admit what I did. It was stupid, it was inexcusable, and I'm sorry."

Enough said.

The media's attempt to crucify this guy is unbelievable - no change that, it is "status quo". Anything negative to do with cops, law enforcement, doing good is target - ESPECIALLY when things go wrong.

I was a 911 Dispatcher for 12 years. I'm not saying what he did was right, but when I heard the tape I chuckled. Why? I've had my moments of comic relief too. Sometimes they laughed, and others, well, they didn't.

After a while you learn to hit the 'mute switch' when offering opinions (idiot!, "moron", etc.) It isn't worth the hassle.

Yet more disturbing is for ever one of these calls, there are thousands of others where 911 Dispatchers (overworked, and most often grossly underpaid), perform heroically. But you won't hear that from the MSM - not a chance.

However, Fox did a good job on it's show this morning. You can read more at:
Fox News

Subscribe by Email

Follow Updates Articles from This Blog via Email

No Comments

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Total Pageviews

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Pages

Pages

Pages - Menu

Macsmind - Official Blog of The MacRanger Show on Blog Talk Radio

About

Go here.