Skip to main content

Able Danger - General Shelton Speaks - Says...something....

Via AJ Strata, General Hugh Shelton has spoken up about Able Danger:

"Right after I left SOCOM (Special Operations Command), I asked my successor to put together a small team, if he could, to try to use the Internet and start trying to see if there was any way that we could track down Osama bin Laden or where he was getting his money from or anything of that nature," Shelton said Tuesday in an interview. ...

In Washington, sometime between 1999 and 2001, Shelton received a more extensive briefing from Defense Intelligence Agency officers involved in the program.

Shelton said he doesn't recall hearing or seeing Atta's name in those briefings or at any time before the Sept. 11 attacks.

"To be candid, there were not many specifics in it," Shelton said of the later briefing. "There were no names that surfaced that had not surfaced before through normal intelligence channels. There was no identification of any new players, or anything of that type."

Shelton, though, said that a CIA representative and an FBI representative were present at the second briefing. And he said, "I know for a fact that I was told that they had been a part of the effort" to track al-Qaida through computer data-mining."

So he said, "Yeah I knew about it, ran it, got a couple of briefings....even had the FBI and CIA in on one of the briefings....but.....Nope....Never saw Atta on a Chart! Heck no, not before 9/11, hell no!"

Well, it's a step, and one which I called for from the outset, but Shelton isn't putting his pension out on this one.

Can't wait to see the FBI/CIA response to Shelton's remarks. No wait,"ex-operatives speaking on condition of anonymity."

VIPITY-DO-DA-VIPITY-AYE, My O' My what will they have to say?

Cpt Ed with more.

UPDATE: Per Mike of Able Danger Blog, in the comments of this post, it looks like Plame's ex-flame, Larry Johnson was out stomping on Able Danger in August of this year. (Disclaimer: so was I, but I've repented!), as well as on an Air Amerika broadcast, basically fitting Ltc. Schaffer for a tinfoil hat.

Still, I'm looking for even more from Larry and the gang if this story gets into the "Hearing" phase. Bet on it.


Popular posts from this blog

Calling Mr. Fitzgerald?


As I told you about in this post yesterday as a source confirmed to me that the Justice Department has launched a probe into the NSA leak. Mr. Risen, you are in trouble - prepare your defense. I told you so.

The White House will be announcing the probe at about 12:30pm. My source tells me that this probe will most likely result in another prosecutor being assigned as of course Fitzgerald is still busy/dizzy on the Plame/Game No-Leak. Additionally, other probes into other recent leaks such as the CIA 'prisons'leak is in the works as well. As I said, this is the NEW Bush - on the attack - it's no more Mr. Nice Guy!

About time! Also covering Michelle Malkin

*****End Update*********

UPDATE II: Looks like I owe my source big time as yet another tip comes true as the Washington Post is on the target list as well for the CIA Prison leak.

****End Update II*************************************

Update III: Via Fox: "The government has no legal right to…

Able Danger - Sign Up - Get the Truth

Per the Able Danger Blog (newly added link), get over to this petition and sign ur name. Again, if there is any chance of true bi-partisan hearings, the people are going to have to speak up and loud.

Just do it!

Sniper Attack Las Vegas Music Festival

Police are hunting for the female companion of a lone gunman who killed at least 20 people, including two off-duty police officers, and injured more than 100 injured in Las Vegas on Sunday night.
Officers believe Marilou Danley, who they described as a middle-aged Asian woman, has more information on the man who attacked the Route 91 Harvest Festival on Sunday night before being killed.
That man was named by 9 News as Stephen Paddock, a 64-year-old man from Mesquite, Nevada, who was known to local law enforcement.
Police were reported to be searching his house in the early hours of Monday morning, though there was no indication of a motive.
The Strip was completely shut down after the man, described by police as 'a local' opened fire from the 32nd floor of the Mandalay Bay resort and casino.

Read more:
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Face…