1) A love story between two gay sheepherders (erroneously labeled 'cowboys' by the media, I suppose because they wear hats).
2) A film portraying as noble the efforts of journalists to demonize and "take down" a US Senator whose anti-communist policies they did not like.
3) A film about, as one movie-going reviewer noted, "...the horrors of big business and the way they are willing to experiment on the poor to achieve their goals..."
4) The demonization of the average mid-western American man as someone who is no hero, but a cold-blooded killer at heart.
5) And lastly, a Woody Allen film about infidelity. Well, he should know.
How about this moron?
Fact is that the movies they have been putting out for the most part suck!
Aside from that, this isn't the 40's "glamour" years of Hollywood, when the public perception of the "elite" was that they "had it all together". Today we know that the average actor is overpaid and definitely over pampered, and that most of them are fakes, frauds, kooks and worse.
For ten bucks, I'll take my money elsewhere. I guess I'm not alone. As JAWA Report put it, "Yeah, it's the DVDs killing ticket sales. Give us more gay cowboys eating pudding and we'll come back. Yeah, that's the ticket."
Heh! Like I said, clueless...
golden globesoscars Movies academy awards