Thursday, August 18, 2005

thumbnail

Sheehan is one Mother but not all mothers..

She Does Not Speak for Me

The MSM media is all a buzz with Cindy Sheehan who they would have you believe is the only mother who ever lost a son or daughter in war. But she isn't, and she isn't speaking for the majority of parents who wouldn't dream of making a mockery of their son's death by using it to make a political statement, and that is exactly what Cindy Sheehan is doing.

It's sad and disgusting, and

If that's harsh - screw it. I fought for this country too - took one in the chest, I've earned the right to tell this twit to take a walk.

Like I said below - she needs to shut her yap, and go home. She's had her moment of "free speech", the same free speech she used to dishonor her son and all those who have died for freedom.

I owe this lady nothing, I owe her son everything, and if had the authority I would rip her "gold star" right off her "Bush Lied" T-Shirt in a heart-beat.

Note to the MSM: Get off the bull crap, Cindy Sheehan does NOT speak for all parents of war vets, not even close:

RONALD R. GRIFFIN writing in the Wall Street Journal today has a message for Cindy:

"I lost a son in Iraq and Cindy Sheehan does not speak for me.

I grieve with Mrs. Sheehan, for all too well I know the full measure of the agony she is forever going to endure. I honor her son for his service and sacrifice. However, I abhor all that she represents and those who would cast her as the symbol for parents of our fallen soldiers.

The fallen heroes, until now, have enjoyed virtually no individuality. They have been treated as a monolith, a mere number. Now Mrs. Sheehan, with adept public relations tactics, has succeeded in elevating herself above the rest of us. Sen. Bill Nelson of Florida declared that Mrs. Sheehan is now the symbol for all parents who have lost children in Iraq. Sorry, senator. Not for me.

Maureen Dowd of the New York Times portrays Mrs. Sheehan as a distraught mom standing heroically outside the guarded gates of the most powerful and inhumane man on earth, President Bush. Ms. Dowd is so moved by Mrs. Sheehan's plight that she bestowed upon her and all grieving parents the title of "absolute moral authority." That characterization epitomizes the arrogance and condescension of anyone who would presume to understand and speak for all of us. How can we all possess "absolute moral authority" when we hold so many different perspectives?

I don't want that title. I haven't earned that title."


Neither has Cindy Sheehan.

Subscribe by Email

Follow Updates Articles from This Blog via Email

No Comments

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Total Pageviews

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Pages

Pages

Pages - Menu

Macsmind - Official Blog of The MacRanger Show on Blog Talk Radio

About

Go here.