Thursday, January 19, 2006

thumbnail

RIP - Thanks for the Music


Wilson Pickett died today of a heart attack at 64 years of age.

"Pickett's unforgettable first No. 1 R&B hit, "In the Midnight Hour."

A string of gritty Atlantic hits -- most of them cut at Stax, Muscle Shoals Sound in Alabama or Memphis' American Studios -- followed through the '60s. The biggest of these were "634-5789," "Mustang Sally," "Funky Broadway," "She's Lookin' Good" and "I'm a Midnight Mover." Pickett's most sizable hit, a cover of Chris Kenner's "Land of 1000 Dances," reached No. 6 on the pop chart in 1966. His top 20 1969 single "Hey Jude," a version of the Beatles tune, featured memorable solo work by guitarist Duane Allman."



Listen....remember?

"I'm gonna wait 'til the midnight hour
That's when my love comes tumbling down
I'm gonna wait 'til the midnight hour
When there's no one else around
I'm gonna take you girl and hold you
Do all things I told you
In the midnight hour
Yes I am, whoa, yes I am"


Yeah......!

So long Mr. Pickett, and thanks!

Subscribe by Email

Follow Updates Articles from This Blog via Email

No Comments

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Total Pageviews

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Pages

Pages

Pages - Menu

Macsmind - Official Blog of The MacRanger Show on Blog Talk Radio

About

Go here.