Skip to main content

Show us the tape!

Via Drudge:

"ABCNEWS executives have not viewed the video footage that was being taped when anchorman Bob Woodruff was injured by an explosive in Iraq, the DRUDGE REPORT has learned.

Anchorman Woodruff and his cameraman Doug Hogt were in the hatch of a military vehicle taping footage last weekend when a bomb went off, seriously injuring both news veterans.

The war diary turned nightmare has remained in the original camera, a well-placed ABC source explained Thursday morning.

ABC executives made the controversial decision not to remove the tape from the camera.

"It is not first, second, or third thing on anyone's mind," said the insider.

The camera will be hand-carried and delivered to ABCNEWS headquarters in New York later on Thursday, from Washington, a source claims. "No one has seen what is on the tape. No one."

On whether ABCNEWS will air the footage: "It will be treated with the same standard and editorial judgment as any war footage."


Show us the footage.

ABC News and other MSM outlets had no problem airing Al Jazerr footage of other roadside bombings (over and over and over again), they shouldn't have any problem now.

What's the big freaking secret? And besides, why is this guy and his camera sidekick being treated as though the Pope had been shot?

I mean, I feel for the guy, and hope he and his partner fully recover. But come on people, he's not the first, won't be the last, and he's definely not the "best" that have been injured.

You want to know why they're holding back? My take? They can't get any anti-war traction out of this.

How's that? The key from the the NY Times story.

"They had been part of a four-member news team accompanying units of the Fourth Infantry Division and had initially been traveling in an American Army armored Humvee. But before the attack, they switched to the more lightly armored — and therefore more vulnerable — Iraqi vehicle, the network reported."

Point? They can't blame this on the US Military.

They switched to ride in an Iraq (Russian made MTLB), which is a freaking beer can on tracks. So the MSM can't blame this on the "Crappy Humvee Army" theory" that they have harped on since last year, but instead it was ole Bob - one of their own - who made a bonehead move and unfortunately for him and his camera man, they got capped for it.

Sorry for the harshness folks, but in war dumb decisions get you hurt or worse. Lesson learned.

Let's see the tape!


Popular posts from this blog

Calling Mr. Fitzgerald?


As I told you about in this post yesterday as a source confirmed to me that the Justice Department has launched a probe into the NSA leak. Mr. Risen, you are in trouble - prepare your defense. I told you so.

The White House will be announcing the probe at about 12:30pm. My source tells me that this probe will most likely result in another prosecutor being assigned as of course Fitzgerald is still busy/dizzy on the Plame/Game No-Leak. Additionally, other probes into other recent leaks such as the CIA 'prisons'leak is in the works as well. As I said, this is the NEW Bush - on the attack - it's no more Mr. Nice Guy!

About time! Also covering Michelle Malkin

*****End Update*********

UPDATE II: Looks like I owe my source big time as yet another tip comes true as the Washington Post is on the target list as well for the CIA Prison leak.

****End Update II*************************************

Update III: Via Fox: "The government has no legal right to…

Able Danger - Sign Up - Get the Truth

Per the Able Danger Blog (newly added link), get over to this petition and sign ur name. Again, if there is any chance of true bi-partisan hearings, the people are going to have to speak up and loud.

Just do it!

Sniper Attack Las Vegas Music Festival

Police are hunting for the female companion of a lone gunman who killed at least 20 people, including two off-duty police officers, and injured more than 100 injured in Las Vegas on Sunday night.
Officers believe Marilou Danley, who they described as a middle-aged Asian woman, has more information on the man who attacked the Route 91 Harvest Festival on Sunday night before being killed.
That man was named by 9 News as Stephen Paddock, a 64-year-old man from Mesquite, Nevada, who was known to local law enforcement.
Police were reported to be searching his house in the early hours of Monday morning, though there was no indication of a motive.
The Strip was completely shut down after the man, described by police as 'a local' opened fire from the 32nd floor of the Mandalay Bay resort and casino.

Read more:
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Face…