Monday, March 27, 2006

thumbnail

Abduh Rahman - Not the first or last Christian persecuted by Islam

Abduh Rahman - it may not be over.

Again, he isn't the first or last Christian to be so persecuted by Islam.

"Hundreds of people protested in Afghanistan on Monday against a court's decision to drop a case against a man who converted from Islam to Christianity, while an official said discussions were underway to determine when he would be released.

Officials said the case was dropped Sunday partially because of concerns that Abdul Rahman is mentally unfit to face trial. The move also followed strong pressure from Western governments.

Prosecutors have said they want doctors to examine Rahman, but they have not confirmed that he would be released. Prosecutor Sarinwal Zamari said state attorneys were working on the case Monday and an announcement would be made later in the day. He declined to elaborate.

An Afghan official closely involved with the case told The Associated Press that the 41-year-old would be released, but authorities were debating how and when it would be done.

The official, who spoke on condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the case, had earlier said that a decision may be made by Monday and that Rahman would not have to remain in jail while prosecutors investigate whether to bring another case against him to the courts.

Muslim clerics have threatened to incite Afghans to kill Rahman if he is freed, saying that he is clearly guilty of apostasy and deserves to die.

A Supreme Court spokesman, Abdul Wakil Omeri, said the case had been dismissed because of "problems with the prosecutors' evidence." He said several of Rahman's relatives testified he is mentally unstable and prosecutors have to "decide if he is mentally fit to stand trial."


Abdul isn't going to last five-minutes outside of jail. In fact, the prosecution team is apt to let him go and (oops) let the towns people get him. However, what I find amazing is that people treat this as some "new thing", or outrage, but as I've said in previous posts, it's far from that. Many of the commentators in the media (old and new) have incorrectly stated that Islam dosen't call for Abdul's death, but that is nonsense nonsense - "According to Muslim Law, a male apostate, or murtadd, is liable to be put to death if he continue obstinate in his error."

Witness from Answering Islam a case from thirteen years ago in Iran:

"Delivered to the Court for His Trial as an Apostate from Islam on December 3, 1993.

"In the Holy Name of God who is our life and existence"

In the Holy name of God who is our life and existence. With all humility I express my gratitude to the Judge of all heaven and earth for this precious opportunity, and with brokenness I wait upon the Lord to deliver me from this court trial according to His promises. I also beg the honoured members of the court present to listen with patience to my defence and with respect for the Name of the Lord.

I am a Christian, a sinner who believes Jesus has died for my sins on the cross and, by His resurrection and victory over death, has made me righteous in the presence of the Holy God. The true God speaks about this fact in His Holy Word, the Gospel. Jesus means Saviour "because He will save His people from their sins". Jesus paid the penalty of our sins by His own blood and gave us a new life so that we can live for the glory of God by the help of the Holy Spirit and be like a dam against corruption, be a channel of blessing and healing, and be protected by the love of God.

In response to this kindness, He has asked me to deny myself and be His fully surrendered follower, and not fear people even if they kill my body, but rather rely on the Creator of life who has crowned me with the crown of mercy and compassion, and who is the great protector of His beloved ones and their great reward.

I have been charged with "apostasy"! The invisible God who knows our hearts has given assurance to us Christians that we are not among the apostates who will perish but among the believers so that we may save our lives. In Islamic Law an apostate is one who does not believe in God, the prophets or the resurrection of the dead. We Christians believe in all three!

They say "You were a Muslim and you have become a Christian." No, for many years I had no religion. After searching and studying I accepted God's call and I believed in the Lord Jesus Christ in order to receive eternal life. People choose their religion but a Christian is chosen by Christ. He says "You have not chosen me but I have chosen you." From when? Before the foundation of the world.

People say "You were a Muslim from your birth." God says "You were a Christian from the beginning." He states that He chose us thousands of years ago, even before the creation of the universe, so that through the sacrifice of Jesus Christ we may be His! A Christian means one who belongs to Jesus Christ.

The eternal God, who sees the end from the beginning and who has chosen me to belong to Him, knew from everlasting whose heart would be drawn to Him and also those who would be willing to sell their faith and eternity for a pot of porridge. I would rather have the whole world against me but know that the Almighty God is with me, be called an apostate but know that I have the approval of the God of glory, because man looks at the outward appearance but God looks at the heart, and for Him who is God for all eternity nothing is impossible. All power in heaven and on earth is in His hands.

The Almighty God will raise up anyone He chooses and bring down others, accept some and reject others, send some to heaven and others to hell. Now because God does whatever He desires, who can separate us from the love of God? Or who can destroy the relationship between the creator and the creature or defeat a heart that is faithful to his Lord? He will be safe and secure under the shadow of the Almighty! Our refuge is the mercy seat of God who is exalted from the beginning. I know in whom I have believed, and He is able to guard what I have entrusted to Him to the end, until I reach the Kingdom of God, the place where the righteous shine like the sun, but where the evildoers will receive their punishment in hell fire.

They tell me "Return!" But from the arms of my God, whom can I return to? Is it right to accept what people are saying instead of obeying the Word of God? It is now 45 years that I am walking with the God of miracles, and His kindness upon me is like a shadow and I owe Him much for His fatherly love and concern.

The love of Jesus has filled all my being and I feel the warmth of His love in every part of my body. God, who is my glory and honour and protector, has put his seal of approval upon me through His unsparing blessings and miracles.

This test of faith is a clear example. The good and kind God reproves and punishes all those whom He loves. He tests them in preparation for heaven. The God of Daniel, who protected his friends in the fiery furnace, has protected me for nine years in prison and all the bad happenings have turned out for our good and gain, so much so that I am filled overflowing with joy and thankfulness.

The God of Job has tested my faith and commitment in order to strengthen my patience and faithfulness. During these nine years he has freed me from all my responsibilities so that under the protection of His blessed Name, I would spend my time in prayer and study of His Word, with heart- searching and brokenness, and grow in the knowledge of my Lord. I praise the Lord for this unique opportunity. "You gave me space in my confinement, my difficult hardships brought healing and your kindnesses revived me." Oh what great blessings God has in store for those who fear Him!

They object to my evangelizing. But "If you find a blind person near a well and keep silent then you have sinned" (a Persian poem). It is our religious duty, as long as the door of God's mercy is open, to convince evil doers to turn from their sinful ways and find refuge in Him in order to be saved from the wrath of a righteous God and from the coming dreadful punishment.

Jesus Christ says "I am the door. Whoever enters through me will be saved." "I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." "Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved." Among the prophets of God, only Jesus Christ rose from the dead, and He is our living intercessor for ever.

He is our Saviour and He is the Son of God. To know Him means to know eternal life. I, a useless sinner, have believed in His beloved person and all His words and miracles recorded in the Gospel, and I have committed my life into His hands. Life for me is an opportunity to serve Him, and death is a better opportunity to be with Christ. Therefore I am not only satisfied to be in prison for the honour of His Holy Name, but am ready to give my life for the sake of Jesus my Lord and enter His kingdom sooner, the place where the elect of God enter everlasting life, but the wicked to eternal damnation.

May the shadow of God's kindness and His hand of blessing and healing be upon you and remain for ever. Amen.

With respect,

Your Christian prisoner,

Mehdi Dibaj


Note:

1. This statement, with a brief introduction to it by Bernard Levin, appeared in The Times of London, Jan. 18, 1994. In Dec. 1993 an Islamic court in Iran had ordered the execution of Mehdi Dibaj on the charge of apostasy. Shortly thereafter he was released from jail, probably because of international pressures. Since June 24, 1994 he was reported missing. On July 5th law enforcement officials reported finding his body in a forest near Tehran."


Again, Abdul's case isn't unique, and actually occurs quite frequently in Islamic lands.

Paul Marshall quoted in Frontpage Magazine:

"It (Christian persecution) takes four forms. First. there are direct, violent attacks by extremists on Christian communities. These occur in Egypt, Algeria, Iran, Yemen, Pakistan, Bangladesh, the Phillipines, Nigeria, Indonesia (the list is not exhaustive). In most of these cases the Government is either unable or unwilling to stop the attacks.

Second, there is civil war and communal violence where the Christian community has resisted the spread of radical varieties of Islam. Since the National Islamic Front (formerly the Muslim Brotherhood) took power in Sudan in the late 1980's two million people have been killed, mostly Christians and animists. In Nigeria some 11,000 people have been killed in the last three years over the introduction of Islamic sharia law. There is a similar death toll in eastern Indonesia, where paramilitary militant organizations such as Laskar Jihad, allied to international terrorists, have slaughtered local populations.

Third, there is widespread discrimination against Christians in Muslim countries. They are frequently at a disadvantage in marriage, custody and inheritance cases, are forced to subsidize Islam through taxes, are severly restricted in building and repairing churches, and are often excluded from government positions. This happens in most Muslim countries. In some cases, as in Pakistan or Iran or Nigeria, the testimony of a Christian counts less in a court case.

Fourthly, blasphemy and apostasy laws disproportionately target minorities.

In Saudi Arabia, Christianity is entirely forbidden."


Abdul is one of many. But more important we also must realize that "Apostasy" is equaled with "Blasphemy" under Islamic law. The fuel of radical Islamic hatred of the west is geared on their belief that we are blastphemers because as a "Christian" nation we tout (correctly I might add) that Christ is the one and true Messiah and God. True, moderation as noted again in this link has been introduced into some Islamic beliefs - yet it doesn't change the fact that the Quran does have the "death sentence" for those who 1) Apostatize or 2) Blaspheme. Therefore, like it or not, Islam is a valid threat to the West, if for no other reason than for how they view us- as Blasphemers.

We might remember that the Church of England" commemorated the fourth anniversary of the terrorist attacks on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon by endorsing an official apology to Muslim leaders for the 2003 Anglo-American invasion of Iraq."

This ridiculous appeasement to Islam in light of the history or persecution (past and present) of Christian's needs to stop. Again, this belief in persecution of the "infidels" isn't isolated or just a few angry "Clerics", this is the belief of the majority of Islamic leaders. It IS widespread and common.

The point is that Abdul's plight will bring more insight hopefully so that the real threat of Islam is can be recognized. One may argue that our GWOT is against "tyranny" or "terrorists" - which is true, but misses the large underlying force. This is a "Holy War", and we'd better understand that fact now.


UPDATE: Michelle Malkin notes the mobs are forming already.




Subscribe by Email

Follow Updates Articles from This Blog via Email

No Comments

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Total Pageviews

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Pages

Pages

Pages - Menu

Macsmind - Official Blog of The MacRanger Show on Blog Talk Radio

About

Go here.