Monday, March 06, 2006

thumbnail

Goodbye "Puck"

Hall of Famer Kirby Pucket dies at 44


This is a bummer. I'm a die-hard Braves fan and I remember October of 1991 and having me little heart broke by the Puck with a game winning home run in the 11th inning of the World Series. We had the Twins down 3-2 in the series up to that point. As a long suffering "Bravo", I had waited a long time for my team to get to the Big Dance. He jogged around the bases with that big grin on his face and I threw the remote control at the TV (Never been a good loser!). What a moment!

The Twins went on to win the series of the "Worst to First" teams that year, the first time in history that two such teams ever played. At the end I stood up in my living room and clapped. It was a great series - even if we didn't win.

But I would also become a fan of Puck and admired not only his play on the field, but his character off the field.

He was truly a class act.

Thanks Puck!

Subscribe by Email

Follow Updates Articles from This Blog via Email

No Comments

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Total Pageviews

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Pages

Pages

Pages - Menu

Macsmind - Official Blog of The MacRanger Show on Blog Talk Radio

About

Go here.