Wednesday, April 05, 2006

thumbnail

McKinney Watch

If Rep. Cynthia McKinney is arrested, tried and found guity of assault on a police officer, she would be guilty of a felony under the laws of Washington DC and therefore MUST step down from her seat.

In fact, so that the Democrats don't get the label of "Party of Corruption", she should do the right thing and step down immediately.

Meanwhile the Solidad O'Brien interview on CNN this morning is getting rave reviews:

""Let me stop you there," CNN's Soledad O'Brien during an interview Wednesday on "American Morning."

"You can't stop me, Soledad. The real issue is face recognition and security around the Capitol complex," McKinney said.

O'Brien continued to press: "Somebody, anybody, lawyer, congresswoman ... just tell me what happened?"

"I'll tell you what happened," McKinney said. "In fact, over 250 black police officers have filed a lawsuit against the U.S. Capitol Police Department."

"Forgive me for my lack of clarity," O'Brien said. "What happened that day, ma'am?"

Citing potential criminal charges against McKinney, one of her attorneys, Mike Raffauf, stepped in. "This is not going to be a place we rehash the facts of this incident," he said."


Video here.

Cynthia your boat is sailing......whoooo, whoooo

UPDATE: McKinney apologizes. Five days late and a dollar short. Prediction: Censure or resignation. Given the weasels in the house and senate and the current (not my fault I'm black) political climate of America, I'll bet the former.

Expose the left with the video.

McKinnley: "REP. MCKINNEY: Thank you, Mr. Speaker. I come before this body to personally express again my sincere regret about the encounter with the capitol hill police. I appreciate my colleagues who are standing with me, who love this institution, and who love this country. There should not have been any physical contact in this incident. I have always supported law enforcement and will be voting for H.R. 756, Expressing my gratitude and appreciation to the professionalism and dedication of the men and women of the u.S. Capitol police. I am sorry that this misunderstanding happened at all and i regret its escalation and i apologize. Thank you, mr. Speaker."

Yeah, like Democratic New York State Democratic Senator Ada Smith, I think a little "anger management" training is in order.

"This isn't Smith's first run-in with the law.

In 2004 Smith was fined after being found guilty of failing to obey a direct order from a police officer for improperly driving through a security checkpoint at Empire State Plaza.

In 1998, she was charged with biting a New York City police officer's hand during a traffic dispute. Smith denied the charges."


Heh....RESPECT!

"R-E-S-P-E-C-T
Find out what it means to me
R-E-S-P-E-C-T
Take care, TCB

Oh (sock it to me, sock it to me, sock it to me, sock it to me)
A little respect (sock it to me, sock it to me, sock it to me, sock it to me)"


UPDATE II: Law which McKinney could be charged with breaking:

"§ 22-405. Assault on member of police force, campus or university special police, or fire department.

(a) Whoever without justifiable and excusable cause, assaults, resists, opposes, impedes, intimidates, or interferes with any officer or member of any police force operating in the District of Columbia, including any designated civilian employee of the Metropolitan Police Department, any campus or university special police officer, or any officer or member of any fire department operating in the District of Columbia; or any officer or employee of any penal or correctional institution of the District of Columbia, or any officer or employee of the government of the District of Columbia charged with the supervision of juveniles being confined pursuant to law in any facility of the District of Columbia, whether such institution or facility is located within the District of Columbia or elsewhere, or any inspector, investigator, emergency medical technician, or paramedic employed by the government of the District of Columbia, while engaged in or on account of the performance of his or her official duties, shall be fined not more than $5,000 or imprisoned not more than 5 years, or both. It is neither justifiable nor excusable cause for a person to use force to resist an arrest when such arrest is made by an individual he or she has reason to believe is a law enforcement officer, whether or not such arrest is lawful."





mckinney

Subscribe by Email

Follow Updates Articles from This Blog via Email

No Comments

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Total Pageviews

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Pages

Pages

Pages - Menu

Macsmind - Official Blog of The MacRanger Show on Blog Talk Radio

About

Go here.